Based on MFC standards, the MFC Yoga Fitness Leader is able to:
- Provide initial health screening (ie. PAR-Q).
- Design, modify and instruct safe, effective and appropriate beginner yoga fitness programs to meet the needs of apparently healthy individuals or those who have received medical clearance* in a fitness yoga setting.
- Lead exercise sessions that are based on MFC standards. Bikram or Hot styles of Yoga classes as well as Inversion asanas are not included in the MFC Standards.
- Incorporate the use of appropriate equipment based on specialized training and the needs of the participants.
- Act as a resource and refer to appropriate health care providers when dealing with participants who have conditions that the Yoga Fitness Leader is not specifically accredited to address.
Our Yoga Fitness certification course runs a minimum of 35 hours and teaches the postures outlined in the Fit Flow Yoga Fitness manual and their modifications.
Once the course has been completed the instructor will be able to become a member of the MFC and access all member benefits including the liability insurance policy.
Yoga Fitness Course
Harmony Tree Studio – Winnipeg
Please call 204-235-1245 for more information or to register for this course, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
February 16, 17, 18, 19, 2018 (Time: 8am-5pm each day)