Based on MFC standards, the MFC Yoga Fitness Leader is able to:
- Provide initial health screening (ie. PAR-Q).
- Design, modify and instruct safe, effective and appropriate beginner yoga fitness programs to meet the needs of apparently healthy individuals or those who have received medical clearance* in a fitness yoga setting.
- Lead exercise sessions that are based on MFC standards. Bikram or Hot styles of Yoga classes as well as Inversion asanas are not included in the MFC Standards.
- Incorporate the use of appropriate equipment based on specialized training and the needs of the participants.
- Act as a resource and refer to appropriate health care providers when dealing with participants who have conditions that the Yoga Fitness Leader is not specifically accredited to address.
Our Yoga Fitness certification course runs a minimum of 35 hours and teaches the postures outlined in the Fit Flow Yoga Fitness manual and their modifications.
Once the course has been completed the instructor will be able to become a member of the MFC and access all member benefits including the liability insurance policy.
Please call or email the Manitoba Fitness Council at 204-235-1245 / email@example.com to register for this course.
- March 28 – 31, 2019
Please call 204-487-2287 for more information or to register for this course: pilatesmanitoba.ca
- May 11 – 12, 2019 – 9:00am – 5:00pm and May 25 – 26, 2019 – 9:00am – 5:00pm
- September 21 – 22, 2019 – 9:00am – 5:00pm and October 5 – 6, 2019 – 9:00am – 5:00pm
Vivacity Fitness – Winnipeg
Instructor: Kassy Bouchard, Kinesiologist and CSEP-CPT
Contact to register: (204) 995-0051 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $400 for the course + $52.50 for the manual
*Save $50 OFF if you register by September 6, 2019*
Location: Vivacity Fitness, 561 St. Anne’s Rd, Winnipeg, MB
- November 8 – 11, 9:00am – 5:00pm
For more information please visit https://vivacityfitness.ca/mfc_yoga_fitness_course/