Based on MFC standards, the MFC Yoga Fitness Leader is able to:
- Provide initial health screening (ie. PAR-Q).
- Design, modify and instruct safe, effective and appropriate beginner yoga fitness programs to meet the needs of apparently healthy individuals or those who have received medical clearance* in a fitness yoga setting.
- Lead exercise sessions that are based on MFC standards. Bikram or Hot styles of Yoga classes as well as Inversion asanas are not included in the MFC Standards.
- Incorporate the use of appropriate equipment based on specialized training and the needs of the participants.
- Act as a resource and refer to appropriate health care providers when dealing with participants who have conditions that the Yoga Fitness Leader is not specifically accredited to address.
Our Yoga Fitness certification course runs a minimum of 35 hours and teaches the postures outlined in the Fit Flow Yoga Fitness manual and their modifications.
Once the course has been completed the instructor will be able to become a member of the MFC and access all member benefits including the liability insurance policy.
****A lot of our courses have been cancelled and/or postponed due to COVID-19… as soon as more course dates are available, we will add them to this page. For now, these are all the Courses available.
Yoga Fitness – will be online or in person depending on the date given for opening of gyms in Manitoba
Vivacity Fitness – Winnipeg
Contact to register: (204) 995-0051 or email@example.com
Cost: $350 for the course + $52.50 for the manual. *Save $50 OFF if you register by April 17, 2020*
Location: Vivacity Fitness, 561 St. Anne’s Rd, Winnipeg, MB
Dates: May 23, 24, June 6, 7, 2020 9:00am – 5:00pm
For more information please visit https://vivacityfitness.ca/mfc_yoga_fitness_course/