Based on MFC standards, the MFC Yoga Fitness Leader is able to:
- Provide initial health screening (ie. PAR-Q).
- Design, modify and instruct safe, effective and appropriate beginner yoga fitness programs to meet the needs of apparently healthy individuals or those who have received medical clearance* in a fitness yoga setting.
- Lead exercise sessions that are based on MFC standards. Bikram or Hot styles of Yoga classes as well as Inversion asanas are not included in the MFC Standards.
- Incorporate the use of appropriate equipment based on specialized training and the needs of the participants.
- Act as a resource and refer to appropriate health care providers when dealing with participants who have conditions that the Yoga Fitness Leader is not specifically accredited to address.
Our Yoga Fitness certification course runs a minimum of 35 hours and teaches the postures outlined in the Fit Flow Yoga Fitness manual and their modifications.
Once the course has been completed the instructor will be able to become a member of the MFC and access all member benefits including the liability insurance policy.
University of Manitoba
Please call 204-474-7062 for more information on this course. To register go to https://sportandrec.umanitoba.ca/UOFM/public/category/browse/MFCTRAIN.
Registration is available starting August 15 at noon.
Sat-Sun | Sep 29-30, Oct 13-14| 9 am-5 pm
Instructor: Lisa Poetker, Physiotherapist and MFC Trainer
Contact To Register: Pilates Manitoba @ 204-487-2287 or Sign Up Online!
Cost: Early bird registration (before Oct 10) $400 + $50 for the manual, otherwise $450 + $50 for the manual
Location: Pilates Manitoba, 390 Academy Rd, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sat-Sun | Oct 27-28, 2018, Nov 3-4, 2018| 9 am-5 pm
Yoga Fitness Course
Vivacity Fitness – Winnipeg
Instructor: Kassy Bouchard, Kinesiologist and CSEP-CPT
Contact to register: (204)995-0051 or email@example.com
Cost: $399 for the course + $52.50 for the manual
Location: Vivacity Fitness, 561 St. Anne’s Rd
Dates: November 8 – 11 9am – 5pm
For more information please visit https://vivacityfitness.ca/mfc_yoga_fitness_course/
More dates will be posted, as soon as they become available.