Renewal of accreditation takes place every three years.
In order to renew, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Acquire a minimum of 18 hours of MFC recognized continuing education credits (CECs)
- Pass a practical evaluation, ONLY if this is your first 3 – year renewal process. All evaluations must be booked through the MFC office.
- Possess a current CPR (renew every 12 months-highly recommended) and First Aid certification (renew every 3 years). The MFC only recognizes the following First Aid providers, Red Cross, St John’s Ambulance, Heart & Stroke Foundation and Lifesaving Society.
- Pay a $88.00 MFC Membership fee (including insurance fee that is paid yearly).
- Submit a completed renewal application, accompanied by supporting documents and payment.
- Stage One: Renewal within 6 months of expiration
Late fee of $20.00 Completion of above criteria
- Stage Two: Renewal between 6 months and 1 year of expiration
Late fee of $30.00 Completion of above criteria
- Stage Three: Renewal 1 year or more after expiration date
1 Challenge Fitness Theory Exam ($110.00) and achieve 80%. Challenge their specialty ($110.00) and achieve 80%. Be evaluated in their specialty ($50.00). Completion of above criteria. Late fee of $30.00.
- The individual can enroll in one of the MFC recognized courses and begin the process of becoming an accredited leader over again. All other criteria to become an MFC accredited fitness leader must be met.